An eight-week period of consultation about specific health services in mid and south Essex has begun.
Mid and South Essex Integrated Care Board (MSE ICB) is seeking views and ideas on proposals for future arrangements for inpatient services at local community hospitals, freestanding midwife-led birthing, and other patient services provided at St Peter’s Hospital, Maldon.
The consultation will run from 25 January to 21 March 2024.
The proposals you are being asked to consider are:
- Potential changes to the places where some community hospital intermediate care and stroke rehabilitation services are provided.
- Making permanent the temporary move of the freestanding midwife-led birthing unit from St Peter’s Hospital, Maldon, to the William Julien Courtauld Unit at St Michael’s, Braintree.
- The possibility of moving all other patient services at St Peter’s Hospital, Maldon, to other locations, mostly in and around Maldon.
How you can get involved
You can visit the MSE Virtual Views engagement platform to find out about the proposals and plans, share your views, and ask questions.
On MSE Virtual Views, there is detailed documentation setting out how the proposals have been considered, the other options considered and how the public and staff have been listened to in shaping the proposals.
The information is available in other formats as well.
Over the next eight weeks, you can get involved by:
- Completing a survey.
- Joining one of eight planned discussion groups being held across the region – in Maldon, Basildon, Chelmsford, Southend, Thurrock and Burnham on Crouch.
- Joining one of six online discussion sessions.
- Joining a public consultation hearing that’s being held in Maldon. This is a formal event, and people will need to submit their questions in advance.
- Joining a session being run by a voluntary sector organisation. These sessions are for people that might find it difficult to attend one of the other public events, and/or for people that need extra support to understand the proposals and share their views.
- Talking to MSE ICB through their social media channels or at a drop-in event.
- Emailing MSE ICB at: [email protected].
- Phoning MSE ICB on: 01268 594350.
- Writing to MSE ICB at: FAO: Community Capacity Consultation NHS Mid and South Essex ICB, PO Box 6483, Basildon, SS14 0UG.
MSE ICB is promoting all events through MSE Virtual Views, the ICB website, local media, social media channels, and through partners and community organisations.
Furthermore, MSE ICB is keen to explain to local people the challenges they are facing, and the different ways they think they could make services better.
They want to hear what you think about their ideas, how you think you might be affected by them, and if you have other ideas to consider.
Contact information: If you have any questions about the consultation process or the activities being run, please contact: [email protected].