What is social prescribing?
Patient visit their GPs for a range of different reasons and sometimes these issues can be caused by non-medical matters such as loneliness, anxiety, unemployment, illness or debt. Your GP or practice nurse may be able to offer advice or medication to manage the physical or mental impact of these concerns, but they often cannot always help to deal with the underlying problem.
Social prescribing links patients with appropriate support and guidance. In the same way that a patient with a prescription can get their medication easily from a pharmacist, they will be able to quickly access the services that will help them improve their wellbeing.
Live Well Link Well is a free and confidential social prescribing service that provides practical or emotional support of a non-medical nature.
They will give you time, and can help you to access appropriate support within the Local community which will:
- Help you make positive changes to your personal wellbeing.
- Identify and link you into appropriate support in the community.
- Assist you in developing personal goals focussed on what matters to you.
- Live Well Link Well can help you to access support with the following
- Healthy living
- Weight management
- Lifestyle advice
- Maintaining physical and mental wellbeing
- Supporting independence mobility and equipment
- Looking after someone
- Getting out and about
- Home adaptations
- Money worries
- Social inclusion
How do I access this service?
If you are living in Essex and aged over 18, you can contact the service directly without having to go through your GP.
Call 0300 303 9988 (Monday to Friday from 8am to 7pm) or email email@example.com.
If you are a health and social care professional who wants to refer someone, please use the contact details above